Vacancy: Project & Communications Officer
Full-time employment in a small, dynamic and international team working for the defence and promotion of the rights of composers and songwriters all over Europe.
- Application deadline: 4th September 2022, midnight CET
- Starting date: 3rd October 2022
The European Composer and Songwriter Alliance (ECSA) is an international non-profit organization (aisbl), registered under Belgian law and partially funded under the EU Creative Europe programme. As a professional organization, the alliance’s principal mission is to represent and to advocate for the interests of European composers and songwriters. For more information about the Alliance, please visit the website https://composeralliance.org/.
ECSA recruits a Project & Communications Officer to join its Brussels-based office for a period of one year with the possibility of future extension. The Project & Communications Officer position requires experience in EU project management and communication and knowledge of advocacy, authors’ rights and EU decision making process are considered as a definitive asset.
Reporting to the Secretary General, the Project & Communications Officer is responsible for the implementation, monitoring and further development of ECSA’s communication strategy, both in relation to the organisation itself and to the various projects ECSA is involved in. They will also be responsible for the implementation and the reporting on various advocacy and cultural activities in the framework of ECSA’s grant agreement with Creative Europe.
Among others, the Project & Communications Officer will carry out the following tasks:
- Developing and administrating various following ECSA projects, such as:
- Camille Awards
- Capacity Triangle Webinars
- Communications Working Group
- Working Group on Royalty Free Music
- Discover ECSA’s Composers playlist
- Serving as a central point for ECSA members with respect to ECSA’s cultural projects mentioned above, and communication activities;
- Further develop ECSA’s communication strategy and advise the ECSA Office Team and ECSA Board in this field;
- Drafting communication/promotional materials on ECSA’s activities;
- Ensuring timely communication on social media, newsletters and ECSA website on the output of ECSA’s activities;
- Maintain, update and monitor the ECSA website;
- Assisting the Secretary General in communicating ECSA‘s official positions;
- Developing and implementing the ECSA Creative Europe Programme;
- Contributing to technical reporting, as well as to the applications to Creative Europe and other possible funding programmes;
- Attending and reporting on conferences and meetings of Europe’s cultural and creative industries sector based in Brussels and abroad;
- Maintaining the ECSA network of contacts with the European institutions as well as industry associations, NGOs representing relevant interests;
- Supporting the organisation of biannual ECSA Sessions, including Learning Lounges;
- Supervising various trainees regarding the tasks mentioned above;
- Providing general organisational and administrative support as well as any other tasks assigned to by the Secretary General.
- Background in Political Science, Communication, EU studies or similar
- Minimum 1 year of work experience (including traineeships) in the field of communication and dissemination
- Experience in management of EU-funded projects (highly desirable)
- Experience in event organisation
- Excellent level of written English (C1); other language proficiency is recommended
- Excellent drafting and editorial skills
- Very good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Basic knowledge of visual design (and its tools)
- Good computer skills (MS Office package, WordPress, social media)
- Basic knowledge about European politics and advocacy
- Interest in music, culture and willingness to travel occasionally
Full time. CDD Belgian contract, 1-year renewable. The position is based in Brussels; part-time teleworking will be allowed.
1900 to 2200 € (depending on experience) gross/month + various benefits (120€/month teleworking allowance, meal vouchers, reimbursement of local public transport subscription, 13th month).
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter (one page) by email to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ECSA vacancy – Project & Communications Officer”.
- Deadline for applications: 4th September 2022, midnight CET.
- Starting Date: 3rd October 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews, ideally in the week starting with 5th September 2022. Please note that we may start interviewing candidates before this deadline; therefore, early applications are encouraged.