Internship – European Composer and Songwriter Alliance (ECSA)
The main objective of the alliance is to defend and promote the rights of authors of music at the national, European and international level by any legal means. ECSA advocates for equitable commercial conditions for composers and songwriters and strives to improve social and economic development of music creation in Europe. ECSA is an international non-profit organisation registered under Belgium law.
The ECSA office is currently searching for a full-time Intern for a period of at least 4 months. Preferably, the internship should be part of a university programme (or “haute école” if relevant). The intern should have an internship contract with his/her university.
The intern will work under the direction of both the European Affairs and Programme Manager and the Project & Communication Officer and carry out a range of specific tasks related to communications, social media management; cultural management, advocacy and administrative responsibilities.
• Communication duties: assisting the staff in maintaining, regularly updating ECSA’s website and social media; contributing to draft and disseminate the monthly ECSA newsletter
• Assisting ECSA staff members in the organisation of ECSA cultural events (concerts, conferences, workshops, awards,) and General Assemblies, including in drafting and editing documents and communication materials
• Maintaining, regularly updating and synchronising ECSA’s contact lists
• General administrative duties, supporting the smooth-running of the ECSA office.
Ideally the candidate will have a strong background in communications, social media and European affairs. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and be well-organised. Ideally, the intern has already had some work or volunteering experience and will have the following characteristics:
• Last year student in Communications, Cultural Management and/or European Affairs (preferably with a communication option)
• Excellent computer skills (website updating, WordPress, MS Office, social media, Mail-chimp)
• Excellent English and French, any other language is an asset
• Excellent communications skills
• Strong drafting and editing skills (knowledge of editing/design online and offline programmes, i.e. Canva, Lightroom, Photoshop and InDesign are a plus)
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good team player, flexible, stress resistant
• Interest in music and culture
To apply please send your CV as well as a cover letter to Marc du Moulin – Secretary General of ECSA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: as soon as possible
Starting date: November 2020 or later (flexible)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews in Brussels (or via Skype/Zoom).