Vacancy: Programme Officer
The European Composer and Songwriter Alliance (ECSA) is an international non-profit organisation (aisbl), registered under Belgian law and currently funded under the EU Creative Europe programme. As a professional organization, the alliance’s principal mission is to represent and to advocate for the interests of Europe’s composers and songwriters.
The ECSA office is currently looking for a highly motivated Programme Officer who implements in close collaboration with the Programme Manager and the Secretary General ECSA’s Creative Europe Action Programme. The tasks include carrying out cultural management (70%) and lobbying work (30%).
Among others, the Programme Officer will carry out the following tasks:
- Administer and develop (fundraising, resource mobilization, project management) ECSA’s Creative Europe activities
- Ensuring communication of ECSA cultural projects on social media and ECSA web, in cooperation with the Executive Officer and Programme Manager, on the output of ECSA events
- Attending conferences and meetings of Europe’s cultural and creative industries sector based in Brussels and abroad
- Providing general organizational and administrative support as well as any other tasks assigned to by the Secretary General
- University degree or professional qualification in culture or arts management or another relevant field;
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience;
- Experience in working with NGOs would be an asset;
- Experience in managing EC-funded projects would be an advantage;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and ability to work well across diverse teams, interests and countries;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English; advanced French language skills (professional communication) required; proficiency in other languages an asset;
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity;
- Very good social media and communications skills;
- Willingness to travel
Preferred entry date: as soon as possible
Contract specifications: Full time, CDD Belgian contract (one year with the possibility of prolongation after evaluation)
The remuneration package will be assessed according to the candidate’s qualification and relevant experience. The position is based in Brussels.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ECSA vacancy – Programme Officer”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews. Deadline for applications: 31 October 2017. Interviews will be conducted immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement.