Internship – European Composer and Songwriter Alliance (ECSA)
The main objective of the alliance is to defend and promote the rights of authors of music at the national, European and international level by any legal means. ECSA advocates for equitable commercial conditions for composers and songwriters and strives to improve social and economic development of music creation in Europe.
ECSA is an international non-profit organisation registered under Belgium law.
The ECSA office is currently searching for a full-time Intern for a period of 3 – 6 months. The internship has to be part of a university programme (or ecole haute pertinent). The intern will have to have an internship contract with his/her university.
The intern will work under the direction of the both European Affairs and Programme Manager and carry out a range of specific tasks related to advocacy, cultural management, communications and administrative responsibilities.
- Following the legislative process on the copyright and Creative Europe file in the European institutions
- Assisting the staff in maintaining, regularly updating ECSA’s website and social media
- Assisting ECSA staff members in the organization of ECSA cultural events (concerts, conferences, workshops, awards,…) and General Assemblies
- Maintaining, regularly updating and synchronizing ECSA’s contact lists
- General administrative duties, ensuring the smooth-running of the ECSA office.
Ideally the candidate will have a strong background in communications, social media and European affairs. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and be well-organized. Ideally, the intern will have the following:
- Last year student in Cultural Management and/or European Affairs
- Excellent computer skills (website updating, MS Office, social media)
- Excellent English and French skills, any other language is an asset
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong drafting and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good team player, flexible, stress resistant
- Interest in music and culture
To apply please send your CV as well as a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23 July 2018, starting date: 27th August 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews which will take place from 23-27th July 2018 in Brussels.