Vacancy: Executive/Finance Officer
The European Composer and Songwriter Alliance (ECSA) is an international non-profit organisation (aisbl), registered under Belgian law and currently funded under the EU Creative Europe programme. As a professional organization, the alliance’s principal mission is to represent and to advocate for the interests of Europe’s composers and songwriters.
The ECSA office is currently searching for an Executive/Finance Officer with a Finance, Management or European Affairs background who will be responsible for the overall budget administration of ECSA. The Executive/Finance Officer will work under the direction of the Secretary General and carry out a wide range of tasks in line with ECSA’s mission and aims, including certain specific tasks as mentioned hereunder:
- Maintaining all accounts of the office, including incomings, outgoings and receipts and updating all accounts on a bi-weekly basis
- Managing the financial aspects of the European funding, drafting and managing budgets
- Liaising and managing the relationship with ECSA members, national composer and songwriter unions
- Liaising and exchanging information on a regular basis with other cultural stakeholders and music industry advocacy groups, based in Brussels and abroad
- Reaching out and scheduling meetings with representatives of European and international institutions, notably the European Parliament, the European Commission, the World Intellectual Property Organization and UNESCO
- Updating the website and social media
- Preparing relevant newsletters and policy memos
- Preparing the ECSA meetings in Brussels and abroad (travel and hotel arrangements, preparation of relevant documents)
- Managing logistics related to ECSA’s activities
- Recruitment and supervision of interns, general human resources management of the office
- Maintaining, regularly updating and synchronizing ECSA’s electronic and material contact lists (members and external contacts)
- General office management tasks
- Background in Finance, Management, European Affairs and/or Economics
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a related field
- Experience in managing office finances and accounts
- Experience in managing an NGO
- Excellent English skills, good knowledge of French
- Very good drafting and editorial skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in managing EU funding and grants is desired
- Experience with human resources management
- Good computer skills (MS Office package, WordPress, social media)
- Experience in working in a small and dynamic team
- Interest in music, culture and willingness to travel
Preferred entry date: as soon as possible
Contract specifications: Full time, CDI Belgian contract
The remuneration package will be assessed according to the candidate’s experience. The position is based in Brussels.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ECSA vacancy – Executive/Finance Officer”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews. Deadline for applications: 19 July 2017. Interviews will take place in the week of 24 July 2017.